Strengthen Immune System with Complementary Therapies
You have been several to ask about how to protect from the COVID-19.
Following its progression, today is all about how complementary therapiescan help to strengthen immunity to a warrior mode, and to be protected from viruses, such as:
- Chinese medicine
"Do feel free to share this newsletter with friends, family, neighbours... Many thanks :-)"
What is corona-virus (COVID-19)?
Covid-19 is part of the large family of corona-viruses.
This new virus, appeared in China late 2019, affects your lungs and airways, creating illnesses ranging from a common cold to much more severe conditions with difficulties and shortness of breathing.
If you are in good health condition and get this virus, we might have to stay in bed few days with a big cold and manage your fever, general feeling of weakness, fatigue, headache, coughing, feeling unwell... and it will pass.
But if you have chronic diseases, your immunity is low and in case of covid-19 presence, you could develop severe conditions.
That is why government asks people in contact with elderly people and immunodeficient beloved to be very careful.
Tips from a non-medical therapist
I am not a doctor. It means, I can not make medical prescriptions.
I just share advices following my own experience and my clientele one.
To leave people under fears crashes immunity down to the ground!
Then bang, people get sick...
So, rather than to react to fears, I decided to have a proactive approach.
- Good Sleep
- Connect with Nature
- Eat healthy
- Manage fear
- Vitamins and supplements
Those principles boost our immunity :-)
Have a good sleep
Resting is not optional. During our sleep, our body
- regenerates itself
- our vital functions recover better
Naps are hardly recommended too, if you can.
Connect with Nature
It is not because we can not meet people, that we are not able to go and connect with Nature.
I live by the ocean and go by the sea to get fresh windy air, and it helps me to get more awareness.
- Get fresh organic veg and fruits, full of natural vitamins and healthy sugar
- Be in consciousness when eating and chew well before to swallow. You will eat less. Your metabolism spends less time digesting and more time to build a good immunity
- Avoid, acid diet, gluten and processed sugar
Chinese medicine says to leave the dinner table not totally full as stomach will have space to process what has just been eaten to not overwhelmed digestive functions.
Manage emotions and fears
Those hard times force us to slow down and reflect.
Why not to start new practices?
Soothe your mind with
- box breathing
You will find ***Some Useful Exercises*** at the end of this article.
Why not to attend virtual learning and get new skills?
Why not start journalling?
Bach and homeopathy remedies are quite efficient too :-)
- Cherry Plum is a Bach remedy for those who fear losing control of their thoughts and actions and doing things they know are bad for them or which they consider wrong. Teaches trust in one’s spontaneous wisdom and the courage to follow one’s path.
- Arsenicum Album is a homeopathic remedy that is very useful for anxiety about health, disease, germs and death. People who would benefit from this remedy are people who see the world as threatening and chaotic.
- all citruses, basil, pine, eucalyptus, lavender, cypress, Juniper, sandal wood, cedar wood, frankincense, tea tree, ravintsara, peppermint...
- Follow the dosage given by your burner supplier and drop few drops of each in a cotton fabric, that you leave on a heater source. Essential oils are volatile, so use t heat to multiply their diffusion
- Regular physical activity decreases nervous tension, stress and bring great satisfactions to push yourself a bit further your comfort zone
- Even if exercises classes are now closed, at least in Galway, I am sure you have favourite exercises that you can do at home
- Just move :-)
Super foods & food supplements
Those below are super warrior to boost immunity
- Grapefruit extract
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E
- Co Q10
Those are just examples, please do feel free to contact your therapist to get more directions. Thanks :-)
*** Some useful exercises ***
And use social medias to learn new skills :-)
Hope it helps you to be more proactive to the aim to staying bright and grounded in those hard times.
Feel free to share with friends, if you think those infos are relevant :-)
Talk to you next Sunday :-)
With much Light, Love & Gratitude,